1/32 M-1 Weaver Bomb Loading Lift
Often seen near bombers, these hydraulic foot-pumped lifts lifted heavy bombs, normally in "cradles", into position within the bomb bay of an aircraft.
Delicate and highly accurate. Very hard to make by hand or by traditional resin-casting techniques.
Comes in 2 pieces - the main body with all wheels and levers already attached, and the top hydraulic shelf, as pictured.
One of the great things about this "kit" is that has such minimal assembly. This allows for a much more detailed and delicate part for your diorama, than would be possible otherwise.
Scale = 1/32
Condition = Brand New (unassembled)
A few things to keep in mind about 3D printed accessories such as this
- Patience will be required to carefully remove all support structions (pictured) from the part. A light filing or sanding may be needed to fully remove. Utmost attention was given to design so as to minimize the number of these supports, and reduce the burden of removal.
- 3D printer resin tends to be more brittle than traditional cast resin. Go slow and make sure to use a sharp blade. It will crack if too much pressure is applied
- For the thicker bottom supports, I tend to use a razor saw to reduce shear stresses and avoid inadvertently damaging the part
- Wear Optivisors to get in close
- Wet sand to cut down on dust
- Attach pieces using CA glue like any other resin part(s)
- For Ages 17+
- This product took me approx. 10 minutes to remove from supports